Archdiocese of Denver Digital Repository
Search this Collection
- El Pueblo & Denver Catholic in Spanish
- El Pueblo Catolico is the Spanish language newspaper for the Archdiocese of Denver. El Pueblo originally was a supplement in the Denver Catholic Register until October 2004 when it became it's own newspaper. In 2017 the paper changed its name to the Denver Catholic En Espanol. In 2018 the paper returned to the El Pueblo name
- High School Newspapers
- The High School newspaper collection is a small collection of donated newspapers from our closed High Schools. If you don't see a paper from a particular school or date it is because we don't have issues from that school or time frame. The newspapers here from Our Lady of Mount Carmel were loaned to us to digitize by an alum and some of the Santa Fe were borrowed from the archives of the Redemptorist Denver Province.
- National Catholic Register
- The National Catholic Register in this database will eventually cover the years 1945-1957. Editions of the "The Register" in this database are from 1926-1938. In 1925 “The Register” debuts, this is the Denver Catholic Register's attempt at eventually becoming a daily, this paper is published on Tuesday while the Denver Catholic Register is published on Thursday. On November 8,1927 the National Catholic Register was launched which was a 4 page paper that covered all Catholic news on a national and international level and also included Matthew Smith’s “Listening In” column . The article about its debut states that it will publish in addition to the Tuesday Register which has “local edition” on its mast head; eventually the two papers become one. In June 1929 the “Register system” was launched when the Diocese of Fresno asked that local news of the diocese be added as a supplement to the National Catholic and soon after other dioceses asked for the same. At its height there were at least 34 editions being printed. The National Catholic Register was sold on August 6,1970 to Twin Circle Publishing. .
- The Scrapbook collection is a small collection that consists of scrapbooks that have been donated to the archives by parishes, schools and organizations.
- Southern Colorado Register
- The Southern Colorado Register was the newspaper for the Diocese of Pueblo Colorado. Issues in this database run from July 1945-December 1967 under it's new name of Dateline Colorado. The Southern Colorado Register was part of the "Register" System of Newspapers which broke up in 1967.
- The yearbook collection consists of a variety of yearbooks that have been donated to the Archives of the Archdiocese of Denver from alumni of our closed high schools. If you don't see a yearbook from a particular school or class it is because we don't have that yearbook in the collection.